[Bf-funboard] Export to FBX?

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jan 19 16:24:08 CET 2005

Hi,

Someone was interested in making an openFBX, but this didnt really take
off. He then contacted me and the president of Kaydara to get him
interested sponsoring a dev kit, and find some way to license their
libs compatible with GPL.

Discussions on that stalled early last year, and with the take-over by
Alias not likely to actually continue.

So, main issue is that the fbx toolkit is closed source and requires a
license to distribute. Only solution for us now would be someone coding
it all in python... (btw, which is possible to do as commercial project
too. Python scripts don't have requirement to be license-compatible
with Blender).

-Ton-