[Bf-funboard] Normal facing modelling tool idea

Campbell Barton cbarton at metavr.com
Mon Jan 17 13:32:31 CET 2005

alex wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, Campbell Barton wrote:
>
>> "Flip faces towards cursor"
>> "Flip faces away from cursor"
>

> You will laugh, but I thought about "Flip normals towards view" just
> yesterday.
>
> alex at schnittenparadies.de

Hi Alex
I think either are fine, Yours is probably easier for users to understand.
The problem with using the view is that its hard to see the exact point
you are at.
The cursor is somthing you can place and know where it is in relation to
faces-
The view is okay if you looking at the faces from a distance, but no
good if you want to do it radially.  since there is no way to- Place the
View in the centre (C and . Del  - dound count since your still looking
at the faces from a distance.)

So I say mine is more flexible and the outcome is easuer to controle,
also easier to code.

- Cam

--
Campbell J Barton