[Bf-funboard] Re: Visual aid for constraint during transform

GSR - FR famrom at infernal-iceberg.com
Tue Feb 22 17:18:55 CET 2005

Hi,
desoto at blender.spaceisbig.com (2005-02-21 at 2246.03 -0500):
> in 3d space. This grid would not have to be vivid nor large to be a
> useful representaion of the action you're performing. Moreover, if the

Interesting idea. Only "but" I can think now is speed. If that is too
slow due the alpha blends, maybe it could just be a grid that ends in
spikes (like floor grid in blender, but without the external
square). When the object moves, new lines are painted and old are
dropped, in full grid units.

Remember we have people "enjoying" things like "nice" drivers, OSes
that "eat" small video cards or just integrated chipsets. It has been
already proposed that in transform mode things could be simplified to
have better interaction, like reducing subdivision level automatically
or moving from complex shading to plain one or wire.

GSR