[Bf-funboard] Efficient BRDF Importance Sampling using a Factored Representation

toontje at telbonet.an toontje at telbonet.an
Mon Feb 21 19:25:41 CET 2005

I don't know if this is the right place to place this request, so bare
with me on this one.These past few days, I sent e-mails to some researchers that wrote
(Siggraph) papers. I've got one positive reaction already. Check this
paper out:
http://www.cs.princeton.edu/gfx/proj/brdf/

The author of this paper informed me that he is willing to contribute to
Blender, either by sending the source code or by programming it into
Blender. But he has no knowledge of the Blender code structure. So if
someone is willing to help him out (RayWells for example because his
project can benifit from this, then it would be a great boost for Blender.I placed this request in blender.org and Elysiun too.

Hopefuly I'll get more positive replies from the other researchers.