[Bf-funboard] Workplane?

alex alex at schnittenparadies.de
Tue Feb 8 00:04:59 CET 2005

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005, Mal wrote:

> Yep, I could have shown him how to split the panes, and set up a few ortho
> views within them, and then told him to always use these viewports only for
> adding new objects, but I didn't want to "feature overload" him right at the
> start.

Actually, my plan was to add a second mode to the toolbox, where you would
right-click a primitive instead of leftclick, and then, it would not only
add it without rotation (i.e., rotated to the world axes), but it would
also not add it at the 3d cursor's location, but instead simply 2 blender units
away from the viewport/camera position, i.e. IN FRONT OF THE VIEWER.

Having seen this discussion here now, I think it's indeed worth adding it :)

alex at schnittenparadies.de