[Bf-funboard] how do I add Blender into my command line

Daniel Fairhead madprof at uk2.net
Mon Apr 25 13:51:36 CEST 2005

> Hey kids :D How do I get Blender into my terminal commands again for
> OSX ? So when I type in blender it will give me the app and command
> options

I do not know OSX, nor have I ever used it, but as it is unix, it goes
something like this:

1) find where the blender executable is

2) edit your ~/.bashrc file and add this line:

	export PATH=$PATH:/path/to/blender-2.39/

(make sure to add the directory name, not the executable name)

Alternatively, you can add a symlink to the blender executable
in any of the directories listed when you type:

	echo $PATH

This can be done in the console by typing:

	ln -s /path/to/blender-2.39/blender /usr/local/bin/blender

Or similar, if /usr/local/bin/ is not used by your user/system.

Hope this helps.

Dan

--
http://www.madprof.net