[Bf-funboard] Food for thought: lower subsurf subdiv value during transform?

Konrad Haenel public at konrad-haenel.de
Wed Oct 20 04:28:56 CEST 2004

This sounds really good. I'm using subsurfs a lot and this might be
another step towards what I call "realtime-workflow" (don't I just love
marketing-babble?).

And while we're at it: if subsurf-levels can be changed on the fly, why
not link this behaviour to something else like, ...hmmm... , distance
from camera? Wouldn't that be level-of-detail on subsurf-objects?

If implemented on the rendering-stage as well this would be really cool
for animatics (preview-renderings) which I have to do quite often.

More flexibility on subsurfs might lead to many interesting
improvements, keep it up!