[Bf-funboard] Offset for procedural textures

Konrad Haenel public at konrad-haenel.de
Sat Oct 16 20:05:30 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I am currently working on an animation that shows a pair of ski glinding
down an infinite plane of snow. The obvious solution for animating this
seems to put them on a static plane and animate the texture of the snow
(some normal mapping) to simulate movement. Unfortunately there is no
option to "offset" the position of noise-textures. I solved this using
an animated image-texture, but using the built-in procedural noise would
be more elegant and open more possibilities.

Offsetting procedural noises shouldn't be too hard to implement. Two
extra properties in the noise-texture-dialogue "offset-x" and "offset-y"
would be sufficient ... and these had to controllable via an IPO-curve
of course.

Or is this actually already possible and yet another feature I just
didn't find out how to use?

Greets,

Konrad