[Bf-funboard] regression tests as tutorials

Tom Musgrove bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 15 May 2004 03:09:11 +0000

I was just going through our regression tests and had a really cool idea.

Why not set up a series of tutorials similar to how the regression tests are
set up?

They have instant gratification for the learner.  They can show off cool
stuff to whet the learners appetite.  Are not major time commitments for the
user, etc.

Each one would only teach like five commands or so, having the list of
commands right on screen.

This would pretty much completely solve our '30 seconds' problem.  (Ie if
the user can't figure out how to do something interesting in a relatively
short time, they are likely to give up on the program and go back to the
familiar.)

In my opinion, this would give us an 'ease of learning' curve that is
superior to just about every 3d software program out there.

Tom M.
LetterRip