[Bf-funboard] Bones and Layers idea/request.

malefico andauer bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 10 May 2004 12:35:38 -0300 (ART)

Hi, I would like to present this idea to the board.

When setting up a complex character for animation ( I
mean around 20+ bones), we use regular bones, control
bones, deformation bones, null bones, auxiliary bones
and so on. However, the more bones are displayed on
the screen, at animation time, the slower Blender will
show the anim, specially if we are dealing with more
than one character. Plus, the screen turns into a mess
of blue/green lines with all the bones and the mesh.
So, most of the time we have to hide all bones not
related to what we are doing.

Now, the idea is, how about organizing bones in layers
or groups ? For instance, select all "control bones"
and either press M and select a Layer, or create a
"bone group" and hide it or show it in a different
colour. Maybe a nice floating panel would let us turn
on or off a particular group or layer.

Well, how about this ? Would it be too difficult to
implement ? Do you think it is useful ?

Thanks in advance.

malefico.

Los mejores usados y las más tentadoras