[Bf-funboard] !

Carl Gustafsson bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 03 May 2004 08:38:59 +0200

> On Sun, 02 May 2004 12:00:03 +0200, <bf-funboard-request@blender.org> wrote:
>
> Message: 2
> To: Bf-funboard@blender.org
> From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Karl_K=FChberger?= <kuehberger@gmx.net>
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2004 11:29:04 +0200
> Subject: [Bf-funboard] physics in animation
>
> hello,
>
> because it is very difficult to get authentic physical interaction
> between different objects in animations, i would suggest to
> make physical attributes (as used in the game-engine) also
> applyable in animations (i have seen this in cinema 4d).
>
> i don't know, if this is very difficult to code, but it would be
> really a great new feature in blender!
>
> thanks,
> karl

This is such an amazing coincidence! I was just thinking the same thing yesterday.

It would be really nice if one could choose to "store" the LocRot of objects, perhaps as an "Actuator" in the Game panel. The LocRot data could be stored as IPO keyframes. There would be one keyframe per frame in this way though, perhaps there are better ways?

I suppose it would be possible (if I ever could learn Python) to make a script that records all "Dynamic" objects' data into an array and then use that in animation playback when rendering.

Speaking of physics, is it very hard to implement physical objects such as fans, springs and dampers? It would also be nice of one could define "hinges" for the physical calculation. But that can perhaps be realized with armatures...

Thanks for listening!

Carl (yes, that is my name too! ;) )