[Bf-funboard] Copy & Paste between Scenes

bf-funboard@blender.org bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 2 May 2004 14:07:21 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 1 May 2004, Robert Frunzke wrote:

> Hello,
>
> would be nice to copy things around between two opened scenes.
>
> I have two .blend files, one on which I work, and another from where I
> would like to re-use some objects (some rose leafs, parented together to
> a rose).
>
> This is what I tried:
>
> first try: "Append.."/<file>/Object/<Parent object of the rose> - Now
> there is one rose leaf and its material, but the children are missing.
> second try: "Append.."/<file>/Scene/Scene - Now I have the other scene,
> but neither Duplicate nor anything else can copy data between scenes.
> (insert other ways of doing it here)
>
> A "Duplicate to Scene.." would be really helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert

First of all, you are confusing the terms "Scene" and... uhm...
"Project". There can be several scenes in one Project file.

Second, very easy: Get used to naming your objects properly. Use names
like Ground/Rose/Leaf1, Ground/Rose/Leaf2 etc. following the hierarchical
(and parenting) structure of your scene. Then, you will have no problems
finding groups of objects when Appending and selecting all the appropriate
entries.

alex@schnittenparadies.de