[Bf-funboard] RE: Bf-funboard digest, Vol 1 #289 - 2 msgs

Tom Musgrove bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 01:41:17 +0000

>Those two can easily be "emulated" by using a textured plane...

Good point.  Are background images imported onto a plane mesh?  Might it be
worthwhile to make that the default behavior?

>A "magnification window"? Err... You mean... a 3D window? You knew
>you can have several 3d views, right?

Yes, I don't think I was clear on what I'd like.  Say I have four views of
an object and they are zoomed out so that I can the whole object at once.
However, in each view I need to precisely place multiple points as is needed
in the face tutorial.  For your method I would need to have four seperate
zoomed in windows for a total of 8 windows.  Also, if I were to change the
view of one main window, to have a zoomed view of that window I'd have to
change it manually as well.  Also, I'd have to change the location of the
zoom window to update it to zoom a different portion.

With my idea, it is a 'zoom follows pointer', so if I move the mouse to a
different view window, it is showing the zoomed location and perspecitve for
the mouse in that window.

Thanks for the comments,

Tom M.

Get tax tips, tools and access to IRS forms – all in one place at MSN Money!
http://moneycentral.msn.com/tax/home.asp