[Bf-funboard] OpenEXR support

Kent Mein bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:54:34 -0500

> How hard would it be to include OpenEXR support in blender (www.openexr.com). This seems to be the main image format used by several major movie studios out there (ILM created the format). And would allow the user to edit the Z channels in systems other then IRIX.
>
> tbc++

You could do one however it would not be worth it currently, you wouldn't
be able to use the larger color ranges and you'd have to come up with
some sort of scaling method for images that did use them...
(and or do a lot of work)

If your interested in trying though take a look at:
source/blender/imbuf/readme.txt and any of the
image formats that are already there
tga is probably one of the simple ones...

Feel free to bug me with questions if you decide to work on it.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu
http://www.cs.umn.edu/~mein