[Bf-funboard] move to target/edge constraint

Johnny Matthews bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 08:11:21 -0500

That is one of those things I have been meaning to code and I always get
sidetracked. Perhaps I'll take a look at it in this next release cycle.

Johnny Matthews
DBA / Programmer
Greenville College
Johnny.Matthews@greenville.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: bf-funboard-admin@blender.org
[mailto:bf-funboard-admin@blender.org] On Behalf Of Douglas Bischoff
Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 8:10 AM
To: bf-funboard@blender.org
Subject: Re: [Bf-funboard] move to target/edge constraint

On Jul 30, 2004, at 05:39, eugene wrote:

> It would be nice to be able to constrain the
> translation of vertices to edges that they lie on.
<SNIP>
> I hope I've put it clearly. What do you think of this?

I've had this request up on the feature request list for over a year.=20
:-)

I think it's a great idea, and one that would be quite helpful in=20
modeling. I'm not a sufficiently advanced coder to tackle it myself,=20
but it strikes me that it should be fairly easy to figure the plane on=20
which the edge lies (assuming that it is, in fact, a straight-line=20
edge).

I second this suggestion!

-Bish