[Bf-funboard] Strong Node-Based architecture

Konrad Haenel bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:01:13 +0200

--------------010205050305030007050701

Matt Ebb wrote:

> On 14 Jul 2004, at 12:12 AM, Konrad Haenel wrote:
>
>     A GUI that enables link creation by dragging lines from object to
>     object is obviously the ideal way to handel these node-based
>     systems. Thoug I'm not really certain about it I think that the
>     Blender-Core would allow for a fair amount of this functionality.
>     It is object-oriented after all, isn't it? I just wish the GUI'd
>     allow to harvest more of it.
>

> >From what I understand, although the internals of Blender work on an
> object-oriented system, it's not set up at all for a node-based
> workflow. The OOPS in Blender is more about linking the datablocks
> (texture to a material to an object), not about a flow of information
> between them. As a big fan of Shake, I know how incredibly powerful
> and useful a node-based workflow can be, but as far as I know, it's
> not a feasible topic for the Blender 2.X architecture.
>
> Matt

As this list is meant to discuss GUI related thing here comes my small
request:

- enhancement of the OOPS schematic as far as possible

It'd be already nice to make it a little more usable than it is right
now without adding too much to it. Linking datablocks more nicely and
easily is something I'd look forward to.

--------------010205050305030007050701

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Matt Ebb wrote:
 type="cite"><br>
On 14 Jul 2004, at 12:12 AM, Konrad Haenel wrote:
object to object is obviously the ideal way to handel these node-based
systems. Thoug I'm not really certain about it I think that the
Blender-Core would allow for a fair amount of this functionality. It
is object-oriented after all, isn't it? I just wish the GUI'd allow to
harvest more of it.
&gt;From what I understand, although the internals of Blender work on
an
object-oriented system, it's not set up at all for a node-based
workflow. The OOPS in Blender is more about linking the datablocks
(texture to a material to an object), not about a flow of information
between them. As a big fan of Shake, I know how incredibly powerful
and useful a node-based workflow can be, but as far as I know, it's
not a feasible topic for the Blender 2.X architecture.
Matt
As this list is meant to discuss GUI related thing here comes my small
request:<br>
- enhancement of the OOPS schematic as far as possible<br>
It'd be already nice to make it a little more usable than it is right
now without adding too much to it. Linking datablocks more nicely and
easily is something I'd look forward to.<br>

--------------010205050305030007050701--