[Bf-funboard] Pull downs...

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:02:44 +1000

> ....As to how - in order of preference ('a' being highest) - I would
suggest it
> could be done by:
> a) ctrl+LMB  - on the left & right side of the dropdown  or
> b) MMB  -   on the left & right side of the dropdown
> c) Scrollwheel (least favourite)

I think the most logical method would be to use the scrollwheel. The
scrollwheel naturally moves in discrete (step-by-step) increments and it is
used to scroll in the filebrowser.

Perhaps a LMB click could be used to make the menu "active", then you could
use: (all of these)

 - home (first item)
 - end (last item)
 - up-arrow (previous item if not at top)
 - down-arrow (next item if not at bottom)
 - mousewheel (previous or next item)
 - letters/numbers/symbols/etc (go to the next item beginning with that
character, case insensitive. If you are at the last item or past the last
item beginning with that character then jump back to the first item with
that character. If no match exists, do nothing)
 - LMB click (select item and exit)
 - enter/numpad-enter (select item and exit)

Note that those ideas are fairly consistent with the Windows OS (and they're
efficient) and I think that is important rather than having some ad-hoc
method.

- Luke