[Bf-funboard] Since you're talking about headers...

Daniel Barbeau bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:27:34 +0100

Hello!

sorry I'm sooo late for answering, I've been quite
busy with my exams and the beggining
of a new semester, whatever...

> The >> sign makes that row of buttons even longer. I'll present my
idea for
> those buttons later. (It is a bit similar to Blender 2.28)

Okay, I'll wait for it...
But here are some additional comments:

I agree about the >> sign, it does look like a
widget and does make the row longer.
It was only to get things started: there needs
to be an evident hierarchy between
the primary buttons (those to the left)
and the secondary (to the right)...

Finding a solution to this would be also finding
a solution to the problem of headers
way too wide for vertical display.
I don't know how many people use vertical layout
for their windows, but I do, it gains a lot of space.
However, the header is too long to fit.

How about having the secondary buttons displayed by
default in a box in the header and this box would be detachable
in vertical display, and would display IN the window, at the very top
(or bottom, depending on the header's position?)

> > BTW... are attachements allowed on the funboard?
> I don't know, but I think people would rather you have links to
images, etc,
> so they don't have to be forced to download it via email if they
don't want
> to.
> - Luke.

Okay, I take note :]