[Bf-funboard] Pull downs...

Fabrizio bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:43:07 +0100

Hi,

Could we have a way to cycle through pull-down menus, please?

As a general rule, I find them slow - especially when I want/need to
cycle/browse through things. (Materials, scenes, weight groups, textures
etc).

They are also one of the inconveniences in the headers of the new interface.
Having to use the drop-down to switch mode in the 3D view, in the ipo
window, etc (as opposed to just clicking a button like on the old headers)
makes a small but significant difference. Being able to cycle through would
be much faster. (Click 3 times in the same place is faster than having to
click, move, aim and click again)

So I think that a way to cycle through pulldowns would be beneficiary all
around while still keeping the interface newbie friendly.

As to how - in order of preference ('a' being highest) - I would suggest it
could be done by:
a) ctrl+LMB  - on the left & right side of the dropdown  or
b) MMB  -   on the left & right side of the dropdown
c) Scrollwheel (least favourite)

Possible?

Thanks

regards,