[Bf-funboard] Object manager (mockup) (Paul)

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:16:06 +0100

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:49:09AM -0500, Paul Lunneberg wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, glad you like it!

> One thing that isn't apparent in the mockup is how an object would be displayed if
> they are in multiple groups.

I'm not sure what precisely you refer to, so to be sure:
An object woud appear as entry in every group, with the highlighting for
every entry if selected or active.

Or dou you mean it should be obvious on every single entry that there are more
entries for the same object in the hierarchy?

An object will be visible, if it is set to visible and has at least one entry
either on the top level, or in a group that is set to visible. Same for visibility
on rendering and being unlocked. The only thing to help communicate this mechanism
missing from my mockup that I can think of is showing visibility settings of entries
of objects that are set to visible, but do not fulfill the other criteria grayed out.

Please be more specific, if I havn't adressed what you meant!

---
Thorsten