shift-F4 and Append ideas Re: [Bf-funboard] good append

Karl Kühberger bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 11:39:32 +0100

Am 18.01.2004 um 01:36 schrieb ph:

> the fallen weeble wrote:
>
>>> .  However,
> there are a few things about blender that I really enjoy (aside from
> using it): 1) It's speed.  Blender is by far one of the (if not *the*)
> most responsive and speedy modeling tools out there.
>
> Right. Blender is fast. It lacks some modelling tools and some
> techniques
> yet, but the speed of the given tools is fast. This speed also depends =

> on
> the way Blender  d e m a n d s   to be used. Well, maybe better
> 'demanded'.
>
>>> 3) I can comfortably use blender from any machine
> that will run it without modification.  This is extremely helpful for
> assisting newbs and running demos.  Allowing custom hotkeys will
> (although maybe not drastically, in the case of 1 & 2) adversely =
affect
> all of these advantages that blender has.
>

>   Blender's consistency holds the community quite a bit together.
> Apart from
> the version, we all use the same Blender, no matter if Windows, Linux =

> or
> Mac. If a beginner asks us in the chat, we tell her/him the hotkey in
> question by heart. Even the screenshots on the internet were system
> independant and told me instantly: this is my favourite tool. This
> kind of
> effect is very valuable in advertising. Kind of pattern repetition. At =

> least
> the visual consistency is not existent anymore.

I am a Mac-User and of course I would prefer a Blender in Mac OSX Aqua
style,
but you are right, when you speak about the consistency within Blender.
Indeed it´s a big advantage of Blender having the same look and
interface
on every machine. Especially for teaching and tutorial matters! For
example,
I am teaching Blender on Windows in the school (subject: arts) and at
home
I use Blender on my Mac, and it is almost no difference for me between
the
Mac- and Windows-version.

Karl Kühberger