[Bf-funboard] Compositing

Robert Wenzlaff bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:42:20 -0500

On Wednesday 14 January 2004 22:13, Martin Poirier wrote:
> There's already two sequence plugins for chromakeying
> (one in RGH, one in YUV color format). I wonder how
> hard it would be to integrate them in blender
> directly.
>
> Martin
>
> --- tbaldridge@alertacademy.com wrote:
> > How hard would it be to add compositing effects to
> > blender? I know that the
> > sequence editor has some basic features, and
> > extending them shouldn't seem
> > too hard.

It probably wouldn't be hard.  BUT, I don't believe that
the mail Blender code should be weighed down with every feature
anybody ever thinks of.   Internal features should be
basic to functionality (Universally needed).

We need to give some serious thought to improving the plugin
system, maybe ala scripts in menus.

--
Robert Wenzlaff     rwenzlaff@soylent-green.com