shift-F4 and Append ideas Re: [Bf-funboard] good append

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 12:33:00 +1000

> Seems like a good layout.
Maybe you could put that on your site....

> Maybe Ctrl-LMB could be
> extend selection without filling out the gap between
> two selections?
At the moment RMB-drag can be used to select many groups of items without
filling in the gap between two selections. I had been proposing that
shift-LMB-drag work like that. I know it is the convention in OS's like
windows that ctrl-LMB be for selecting scattered items while shift-LMB is
for selecting consecutive items, but it is more consistent for blender to
use shift-LMB how I suggested, and it is easier to press than ctrl-LMB. BTW,
the drag selection thing currently works well because of the limitation in
append (and shift-F4?) that you can't move the items. In file browsing in
windows, if you drag you'd move the file or if a blank area is selected,
you'd create a selection rectangle.

>...And by the way, an RMB menu is already
> needed, did you know you could delete files from
> within the File Browser?
I didn't know that..
- Luke..