[Bf-funboard] Panel headers (more mockups) (Luke)

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 16:29:19 +0100

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 12:17:26AM +1000, Luke Wenke wrote:
> Hi Thorsten,
> I think
> http://wrstud.urz.uni-wuppertal.de/~ka0394/en/blender_ui/panel_tabs/panel_outline_2.png
> is by far the best.
> I like how it is obvious that the "render" header belongs to the render
> buttons. The problem with the other two is how the anim header looks. In the
> double-header to the left, you can drag out the "output" or "render" headers
> leaving behind other stuff. In the last two mockups it seems that if you
> dragged the "anim" header, only part of the panel would drag, leaving things
> behind. In the "anim" header you can actually drag anywhere in the header
> and it should behave in the same way - yet half of the header looks
> different to the other half (ignoring the triangle)... I guess you could
> make it so that the panel doesn't drag if you only drag the left part or the
> right part of the "anim" header but that would contradict the dragging
> behaviour of the output/render panel. (In that panel you can drag header
> names - or that upper-right corner to drag all of it)

Yes, you're right with the single tab problem. Now with your stated favorite
theres the problem the header of the active tab is not seperated from the
panel. I mean, the tab-header should have a clear border being a control
of its own. But it must also be obvious it's connected to its panel.
That's why I extended the active tabs with that border in the other examples.

So up to now every version (including current implementation) has
serious problems.

Thanks, Luke!

---
Thorsten