[Bf-funboard] Re: Flash, Layers & Max (Thorsten Wilms)

Paul Lunneberg bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:27:58 -0500

About Lights:
I had another thought but along the lines of how the lights work.  I would love
to have the ability to have more control over what a light does or does not
illuminate as well as casting shadows from/to.  Max does it with editable lists.
 Edit the list and add the group or object and tell the lite to include or
ignore objects on the list.  Much better control wise for lights than just using
the layer controls.  You may need a light to only work on several objects in 2
different layers but not the other objects in those layers... which currently
you would have to have those 3 objects on their own layers by them selves but
would then conflict with your layer organization.
Just an idea.  There may be another way to handle this but the list way would
seem pretty straight forward and simple.
Paul