[Bf-funboard] Integrated Blender Web Browser Proposal

Janek Kozicki bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:44:14 +0100

<blender built-in HTML viewer>

> Hmm.   My first reaction is that it is just extra baggage.  Having a built in browser could
> > Hi this is my first proposal, i hope i have done ok. I have created a HTML
> > proposal :
> >
> > http://cardiffhigh.cardiff.sch.uk/~daniel.cook/blender/proposals/broswer/proposal.html
> >
> > I think that this would be a very useful tool for documentation, teaching
> > and tutorials.

my vote against it. no matter how much work people who develop blender
will put into this browser it will never be as good as (anybody's)
browser of choice (in my case this is galeon).

why blender developers would then need to waste their time on this?

there is no such good 3d modelling tool as blender out there.
 -> that's why working on blender is reasonable

there are many good browsers out there to choose from
 -> ... you know what ;)

anyway, if you insist on this browser, then it could be written as a
python plugin.

I'm sorry about being so harsh