[Bf-funboard] Extrude options in the menu?

David Cuny bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:13:01 -0800

In searching for an 'extrude along normal' option (which I still haven't
found, other than as a Python script), I discovered that Extrude has a number
of other options, such as:

   Alt+S = limit extrusion to face's plane
   X = extrude along x axis
   Y = extrude along y axis
   Z = extrude along z axis

This is also the case for a number of other commands (Grab, Rotate). However,
there's nothing in the interface that shows these options exist. Since part
of the Blender rewrite was to make things available via the interface, I
thought this might be the right place to bring this up.

A couple options spring to mind:

1. Add these options to the menu, such as:

   Extrude
   ---
   Extrude along X
   Extrude along Y
   etc, etc, etc...

2. Show these as options in the status bar (currently shows the Dx/Dy/Dz).
Since there are typically lots of options, clipping of this line could be
problematic.

If an 'extrude along normal' were added to 'native' Blender, that would be
great, too.

-- David Cuny