[Bf-funboard] Weighted sub surfs

Konrad Haenel bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:57:45 +0200

--------------080601070905020803080001

Humm... but you can select edges simply by selecting the vertices that
create the edge. That's how it works in Blender, and I think this is
quite a good approach on selecting geometry. This could be enhanced by
making the selected edges visible (by colouring them), though. But apart
from it, I didn't miss any selection methods yet. Doing everything by
selecting appropriate vertices seems to be a lot cleaner and elegant to me.

William Reynish wrote:

>The trouble with this is that Blender doesn't have an
>edge select mode. All programs that support weighted
>subsurfs have an edge select mode. We need one anyway
>(a la Wings), so who is up for grabs?
>

> --- David Cuny <dcuny@lanset.com> skrev: > Nathan
>Allworth wrote:
>

>>>This smoothing that takes place has to have a
>>>

>>number associated
>>

>>>with it, a number of how much smoothing should
>>>

>>take place on
>>

>>>that area of the mesh, or that mesh.
>>>

>>No, not really. The number refers to how many times
>>the operation is
>>performed. So if you smooth mesh M0, you get a new
>>mesh, M1:
>>
>>   M0 --> M1
>>
>>To get a smoother version of M1, you can perform the
>>same operation on M1 to
>>get M2:
>>
>>   M1 --> M2
>>
>>each time you perform the operation, you get a
>>smoother version of the mesh,
>>but you also get a new mesh (the intermediate meshes
>>are discarded).
>>
>>Here's a link that should explain it (lots of
>>pictures, no math):
>>

>http://www.eas.asu.edu/~cse470/resources/subdivision/
>

>>-- David Cuny

>Yahoo! Mail (http://dk.mail.yahoo.com) - Gratis: 6 MB lagerplads, spamfilter og virusscan

--------------080601070905020803080001

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Humm... but you can select edges simply by selecting the vertices that
create the edge. That's how it works in Blender, and I think this is
quite a good approach on selecting geometry. This could be enhanced by
making the selected edges visible (by colouring them), though. But
apart from it, I didn't miss any selection methods yet. Doing
everything by selecting appropriate vertices seems to be a lot cleaner
and elegant to me.<br>
William Reynish wrote:<br>
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">The trouble with this is that Blender doesn't have an
edge select mode. All programs that support weighted
subsurfs have an edge select mode. We need one anyway
(a la Wings), so who is up for grabs?

 --- David Cuny <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:dcuny@lanset.com">&lt;dcuny@lanset.com&gt;</a> skrev: &gt; Nathan
Allworth wrote:
  </pre>
      <pre wrap="">This smoothing that takes place has to have a
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">number associated
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">with it, a number of how much smoothing should
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">take place on
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">that area of the mesh, or that mesh.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">No, not really. The number refers to how many times
the operation is
performed. So if you smooth mesh M0, you get a new
mesh, M1:

   M0 --&gt; M1

To get a smoother version of M1, you can perform the
same operation on M1 to
get M2:

   M1 --&gt; M2

each time you perform the operation, you get a
smoother version of the mesh,
but you also get a new mesh (the intermediate meshes
are discarded).

Here's a link that should explain it (lots of
pictures, no math):

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!----><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.eas.asu.edu/~cse470/resources/subdivision/">http://www.eas.asu.edu/~cse470/resources/subdivision/</a>
  </pre>