[Bf-funboard] selected/active/colours/etc.

ilac bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:30:29 +0200

From: "Matt Ebb"
> Here's a screenshot of the colours that I'm currently using in tuhopuu:
> http://reblended.com/www/broken/interface/colours/edit_colours.png
> Funnily, the warm/cool combination (red/orange vs blue) also sort pf
> co-ordinates with the Blender logo colours. Subliminal marketing? :P I
find
> the warm/cool colours very intuitive - you can instantly tell what's
> selected and what isn't.

Nice one Matt! Although 'colourful', These colours actually make sense to me
for 2 reasons:
1) They reflect the colours in weight painting mode - red 100% influence,
blue 0% influence
2) and they would therefore also be more consistant possible with future
additions to the selection features and tools,

examples:
    a) the proportional edit tool could be changed to show
Red-yellow-green-cyan-blue rather than just a dotted circle(region) - which
would show show the falloff influence on the verts - not just the region of
influence.
    b) A new proportional edit tool which affects vertices according to
their vicinity via edges rather than global vicinity as it is now (similar
to 3DsMax and Wings - pressing plus adds vertices along connected edges)
    c) Ability to draw graphs to affect such influence instead of only just
slow falloff and fast falloff as we have now. (look at soft select in 3dsmax
for examples)
    d) apply selection according to fallof to vertex weight group! Direct
visual releationship!

What I'm trying to say is that selection colours should reflect other modes
too because we might have tools in one mode which can be used in other modes
or work in a similar fashion. like weight painting and selections both being
influence areas!

ps. Hope I'm not repeating something which someone else said and I missed!
;oP