[Bf-funboard] Object color proposal

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 20:50:27 +0200

On Wed, Oct 01, 2003 at 04:31:31AM +1000, Matt Ebb wrote:
> > The tri-color suggestion here is for when the object is being
> > manipulated in non-editmode.
> >
> > Just because it cannont currently be selected and moved is not a reason
> > that it shouldn't be.  I think it should.
> >
> > I could be wrong, though.  What does everyone else think?
>
> I at least think it's really good! Having the axis shown clearly with
> colours can help a lot if you're trying to determine which angle to
> constrain to while transforming.

Therefor the tri-color-coding should be shown on objects that can be
manipulated imediately, that means in selected state, even outside
edit-mode.

If the centerpoint itself is to be selectable, it could be drawn bold.

Only on unseleted objects the centerpoints should be drawn in another,
single color (less distraction).

About free moveable centerpoints:
I would be only interested in moving the centerpoint to:
- the real center of the object
- to the center of the bounding box
- halway between two vertices (on the edge)
- the position of a vertex
- (maybe) the center of selected vertices

I don't think there is need for truly free placement of centerpoints.

---
Thorsten