[Bf-funboard] Object color proposal

Matt Ebb bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 1 Oct 2003 04:31:31 +1000

> I like the
> idea of implementing the tri-color for each axis throughout the rest of
> the interface (good suggestion, Thorsten).

So do I. The main grid uses those colours (although in different shades of
those colours, and only when the view is in ortho mode. Theeth is also using
the R/G/B for the axis constraint help lines, but there are still more areas
where it could be applied (like the bottom-left-corner icons for example).

> The tri-color suggestion here is for when the object is being
> manipulated in non-editmode.
>
> Just because it cannont currently be selected and moved is not a reason
> that it shouldn't be.  I think it should.
>
> I could be wrong, though.  What does everyone else think?

I at least think it's really good! Having the axis shown clearly with
colours can help a lot if you're trying to determine which angle to
constrain to while transforming.

Cheers *yawn*

Matt