(Matt/ton) Re: [Bf-funboard] selected/active/colours/etc.

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 23:17:39 +1000

Hi Thorsten,
According to the subject line, you've replied to the message I wrote to Matt
and ton. I also wrote a message to you though (which has your name in
brackets in the subject line.)
In my previous reply to you I explained that cameras (except the centres)
and part of most lights are in fact black when they aren't selected. This
was in reply to your statement "Don't know if it would be ok to paint
unselected lamps and cameras all black."
BTW, I agree with your earlier statement "...Because for communicating
selection blender uses color only, that should be the main purpose of color
at all times."
In my Matt/ton message I did say what the current colours were (in a little
list) and gave two alternative colour schemes - "the red active scheme" and
"the white active scheme".
The parts that have ">" are people's previous messages... my replies don't
have a ">" before them. Maybe that was confusing you...
As far as colour usage guidelines go, I am mainly concerned with object
selection rather than other modes like editmode, posemode, etc.
- Luke.