[Bf-funboard] selected/active/colours/etc.

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Tue, 30 Sep 2003 14:07:54 +0200

Hi,

On another note... many colors as being used in Blender stem from the
NeoGeo period, back to when we even used Amiga! The predecessor of
Blender had to draw 3D in a 16-color (colormap) screen.

As times passed by, and more features were added, I just built on the
old conventions we used internally. Some decisions were conscious,
others were just done to get something ready.

As for the UI make-over, it's very welcome to re-evaluate this part of
the Blender interface, clean up the inconsequences, and come with a new
proposal that allows new development as well.

Let's try to move on to design proposals...

-Ton-