[Bf-funboard] Nvidia Cg Shaders

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 27 Sep 2003 12:24:50 +0200

Hi,

In my vision, the Blender 3 project is targeted at fully integrate with
programmable shaders, both for real-time as for 'traditional' rendering.

I'd welcome experiments with it a lot... but I don't understand how
exactly the work you do fits in with Blender or engine now...?

We should find a way to integrate this kind of work in our roadmap. My
preference would be to do that for the game engine project for after
2.3 is out (with Solid presumably!). There have been quite some
postings here and in the developers mailing list on how to organize the
game engine... a couple of coders are very interested in mainting and
improving that, including support for more advanced opengl shading.
With them we'll establish a new project & mailing list, to enable them
to work quite independent and with their own release cycle.

Since this is a technical issue (as well), you might check on the
bf-committers mailing list for who to contact. :)

The official release planning is still to get a 2.25 compatible open
source release out, before accepting changes/improvements in the engine
project. I really hope we can have this in 2.3.

-Ton-