[Bf-funboard] Default material, lamp, and camera types in .B.blend

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 23:25:14 +0200

Hi Robert,

Hrms... just defaulting the first Material in the list (which is
alphabetically sorted) is not very nice.

Another one, is that 'add new' usually copies the current material,
which is something that works quite well while working.

For a default .B.blend, we better provide a nice range of Materials,
which have all basic types setup very well; 'metal', 'plastic',
'envmap' for example. A user then just browses one of these defaults,
and tweaks it. The Materials can can get a 'fake user' to make sure no
Objects are needed to use it.

-Ton-