[Bf-funboard] Interesting feature

Douglas Bischoff bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 09:26:27 -0400

On Friday, September 26, 2003, at 07:02 AM, Alexander Ewering wrote:

> yesterday I coded a very trivial, tiny, yet I think
> interesting feature which is easy to port to 2.29 if
> people are interested :)
>
> SHIFT-NUMPAD0 in a view3d switches to camera view (just like
> NUMPAD0) and additionally positions and rotates the camera so
> that it exactly resembles the former viewpoint in the
> 3d view.
>
> Interested? :)

VERY! In fact, this is the cousin of what I was working on but never
got to work:

When you are in Camera mode and you apply a translation to the view
(via numpad 4/6/8/2 or MMB) if you hold down the SHIFT key then the
CAMERA is moved! This allows interactive aiming of the camera.

Lastly, when you LEAVE camera mode, the window JUMPS to some unknown
setting (presumably the setting it was in prior to Camera mode) which
is very disconcerting. I propose that the default behavior would be
that the translation of the view START from the camera position and go
from there.

IN summary:
1) Numpad-0 Switch to current Camera view
2) SHIFT-Numpad-0 Move camera to match current view: enter Camera mode
with new camera location.
3) TRANSLATE command entered while in Camera mode: leave Camera mode &
translate with starting point = camera's view
4) SHIFT-TRANSLATE command entered while in Camera mode: move camera in
response to translate commands. Stay in Camera mode.

Thoughts?

-Bish