[Bf-funboard] colision movement

Anarky bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:59:42 +0300

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Jonathan Bartlett wrote:<br>
 cite="midPine.GSU.4.44.0309150641080.6144-100000@eskimo.com">
    <pre wrap="">    further developing the idea cool stuff would be ... say you have a
long bar .. and you 'g' it towards geometry .. it would be great if upon
colision it would rotate around it's center while you continue dragging
it so that if you say hit an object it will no longer be axis aligned,
but one end will remain behind hitting the geometry the object rotating
around it's center.
    Also further on if this was done you could just give it an initial
impulse vector and it would be like gravity or something made it fall on
a pile of other objects :) ... I mean sure it wouldn't be real gravity
.. but you'd have a way of placing arbitrarily shaped objects in a scene
piled up without worying in detail about them not intersecting
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Some of this stuff is available w/ Blender 2.25 and the game engine.  The
game engine is being worked on (there were license issues when Blender was
open-sourced, and so it hasn't been in 2.26 - 2.28).

Perhaps there should be a button which turns on the physics engine while
modelling/animating?
  </pre>
if there was a physics engine it would be GREAT!!! during the modeling
too. I saw something I really liked in the Truespace features: you just
add a 'wind' influence .. place your feather or wahtever and you've got
a faling feather animation ;) ... similar thing with a box boucing off
geometry ... but of course these are dreamy things into the future ...
I'm just saying how much use a colision in translating objects around
would be.<br>