[Bf-funboard] hi & cancel for subsurf

Anarky bf-funboard@blender.org
Sun, 14 Sep 2003 21:13:33 +0300

    hi, this is my first post here .. greets to everybody ... it's
really great that there is a list where we can put sugestions & opinions
on how blender could be improoved. Thanks!!!

       Something that happened to me a couple of times, and after
mentioning it in a post (
http://www.elysiun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15646&start=15&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

)  found out it happens to many blender users ... is that subsurf
enabling causes crashes .. well, not crashes per se .. but slowing of
the computer to a crawl .. had to kill blender ... turns out other
people have been having this .. and you just have to avoid it and guess
about how high your computer can do it (subsurf of 4-5 seems to
generally freeze people) ... anyway ... I was thinking that maybe if
there was some kind of cancel of the current operation it would be cool,
wouldn't have to kill & even reboot ( a more responsice cancel for the
rendering would be great too ).

       with respect,
             Void lon iXaarii