[Bf-funboard] solid wee need ya back soon

Kent Mein bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 8 Sep 2003 20:28:56 -0500

> Hello!
>
> I might have missed a step, but what's the problem with ODE? it works
> quite well in tuhopuus, I've done quite a few tests with surprising
> results (dozens of cubes swirling in a zero gravity box and a sphère
> you can control to agitate all those cubes)... Does Solid bring
> something that ODE is missing? Speed? Stability?
> Erm... I don't mean to start a discussion ODE or SOLID vs The World,
> I'm just seaking for answers.
>
> Ciao
> Dani

I think the big problem with ODE was the lack of interest on the developers
front.  Even that seems to be moving along now though.  The reason everyone
was so excited about SOLID was that it was actually working and wouldn't
be as involved as someone trying to actually finish up getting ODE to work.
Which means the general developers could just plug it in and the game
people could make games again.

Kent
--
mein@cs.umn.edu