[Bf-funboard] Re: Scripts in UI

Jacques Guignot bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:04:27 +0000

Stephen Swaney wrote:

>Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>

>>Hi,
>>
>>The disadvantage of cross-posting is that discussions go in parallel.
>>Most contributions to this topic were in the other list, the
>>bf-committers one.
>>

>This is just one of the disadvantages of using a mailing list for
>development discussions.

I ***strongly*** agree with Stephen. A mailing list is definately not
the good tool for technical discussions, because the messages are not in
a hierarchy, and it is difficult to follow a thread.

I never used a wiki, but at first glance, it may be a good solution.
Another one would be a nntp server (by experience, I can say it is
simple to install)