[Bf-funboard] solid wee need ya back soon

Rik Panero bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:42:49 -0700

>True space is building an engine
>http://insidecg.com/news.php?id=864

Sounds more like they're building extensive exporters into a low-poly
optimized trueSpace 6.  trueSpace has included the game-specific .X file
exporter for quite some time (since V4, I think) so they're already viable
for game content creation.  V4 also added Python scripting, which they
touted as a way to create game demos, but I don't know how popular that
feature was with users.  And there's no guarantee of perfect results with
whatever trueSpace is up to.  Game engine forums are filled with tips and
tricks to get exported files working properly with particular engines.  But
that's why Blender's all-in-one environment makes such an appealing
feature, so, yes, I definitely vote for the return of the game engine.  And
trueSpace is not cross-platform.

--------------------
Rik Panero
"If I find a film dull, I find it infinitely more entertaining to watch the
scratches."
Norman McLaren (Animator, b.1914-d.1987)

"Many people find joy in actually doing something the pragmatist would call
useless. "
Dorothy Tanning - the "oldest living surrealist" (b. 1910)

"I have my license, it came with birth, for self-reliance on this earth."
Judas Priest - "Grinder" (1980)