[Bf-funboard] Very humble suggestion

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:44:33 +1000

ton wrote:
> the only way to bypass that is with a well balanced proposal, providing
> coherent guidelines for what good naming is, and what exactly will need
> to change. If such a proposal gives a good big picture, it's much
> easier to decide on individual cases.

Here's a work in progress proposal....
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~wenke/blender/blender-naming.htm
I identified 6 factors that are involved when looking at naming in blender,
and I suggested a few name changes. Comments are welcome.

haunt_house/ph wrote:
> Maybe I am the only one having some kind of relation to the appearance of
> Blender and it's story. I am oldfashioned and impractical, I know.
If you want nostalgia you can use old versions of blender. Or you could make
a custom language translation thing that translates the names into the old
names. BTW, "grab" is nearly half the size, and it is easier to learn that
the "grab" command grabs things...(like how rotate rotates things, and scale
scales things). In that link I talk a bit more about "grab".

- Luke.