[Bf-funboard] Very humble suggestion

ph bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:00:27 +0100

>>In Blender land, the 'grabber' is just part of ancient history. The
>>name comes from Sculpt3d on Amiga, the first real modeler I ever used

Actually I value such historical aspects. Changing such things is like
tearing all old houses down in order to build 'modern' ones. Again I say
'explanation is better than the try of foolproof naming'

Maybe I am the only one having some kind of relation to the appearance of
Blender and it's story. I am oldfashioned and impractical, I know.

But I keep my opinion. Renaming won't help. Explanation will. Actually the
amiga story would help memorizing the function. Just adds some colour to it.
The brain isn't an abstract word processor.

people that have problems while trying to find out what 'grabber' means,
seem to be a bit illequipped for 3d anyway, aren't they? I mean it's one of
the most frequently used functions. The real problem in this sentence is
'trying to find out'. That's not the way to learn a complex application.

haunt_house