[Bf-funboard] please don't use HTML mails...

ilac bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:18:08 +0100

Mine accidentally slip through in HTML sometimes! Sorry! :o/  Hopefully
shouldn't happen anymore... ;o)

Here's a tip to outlook users:

In the windows address book/contacts list you can specify text only for each
specific address - for those of you also running Outlook - click on
properties on any of the names in your list and it's at the bottom of the
'name' Tab. That way you can keep HTML as your default if you want but plain
text when sending to specific addresses like mail-lists. Should prevent
accidental HTML mails slipping through! Don't know if it works yet though...
Fingers crossed! ;o)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ton Roosendaal" <ton@blender.org>
To: <bf-funboard@blender.org>
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2003 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: [Bf-funboard] please don't use HTML mails...

Hi,

We didn't make an official guideline for this... but I consider it
common sense not to send HTML mail unless you know that the recipient
appreciates that.
Mailing lists like this should be in ascii format only.

For an accasional exception (mail s/w that can't be easily tweaked for
it) we shouldn't make a problem... just skip such postings then.

(BTW: my spam filter removes most HTML mail automatically to the spam
box, and I know more people do it...)