[Bf-funboard] re: armature speed

car bf-funboard@blender.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 05:33:10 -0700 (MST)

<P><BR><BR>&gt;Hi,<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Yep, in the rush to make it working for the game engine, the original <BR>&gt;coder of this (Reevan) allowed himself quite some hacks. A full <BR>&gt;recalculate per frame drawn is nice for an engine, or even for editing <BR>&gt;low poly & simple game characters. For detailed animation work it just <BR>&gt;doesn't work.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Simply removing calls from the main drawing loop didn't work. I've <BR>&gt;checked on this for a while, and could only conclude the entire system <BR>&gt;has to be re-assembled. Its a major task, and we only can wait for <BR>&gt;someone to do it...<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;-Ton-<BR></P>
<P>Ok. That does give some hope. I don't know what it is. But with some systems people have noticed the slow down more than others. On all of the macs I have tested it slows down to a halt. While testers like Theeth see no downgrade. How is it for you Ton and your G3 powermac ? </P>
<P>I am working on the proposal. But I am hoping that the Elysiun community will helpout. We shall see. &nbsp;</P>
<P>&gt;If you think the IKA were better, there's a copy of<BR>&gt;1.84 hiding somewhere :rolleyes:<BR></P>
<P>Well despite it's bugs. You had control over the chain to become IK/FK . That was a nice one. Plus they al started out as IK and ready to go. If they just would have worked better. So that is the point for the proposal. </P>
<P>Till then ..........</P><BR>