[Bf-funboard] Toolbox Flash

Thorsten Wilms bf-funboard@blender.org
Sat, 25 Oct 2003 14:30:40 +0200

On Sun, Oct 26, 2003 at 11:04:52AM -0600, Paul Lunneberg wrote:

> I think it takes too much precision to get the menus you want to come up.

Becomes easier with training. But if you say it shouldn't require training
I can understand that.

Maybe the inner space could be scaled up a bit. The whole top level
would be bigger, but would require less precision.

> The corner ones are especially hard to get (...)

Just posted this to the forum:
---
I think the problem is your targeting at the labels, but you should follow
the guiding lines. A design failure, I will see if I can find a better layout.

My own problems with the menu went away after I started to navigate up or
down and only slightly to the left or right for those 4 items. Please retry!

I know that the Toolbox shouldn't require any explanation, but if my current
design doesn't work at all or works with some hints makes the difference
between forgetting about it or to try to improve it.
---

For the 4 items at the sides, it's not realy a problem, because
you can just move the pointer up or down to reach the other item.

> (...) Its cool though.  Keep up the good work!

Mmh, year, thanks!

---
Thorsten