header bars Re: [Bf-funboard] A thing that was better in 2.28

The Fallen Weeble bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 12:34:58 -0400

I'm with Ton here.  I'm not a big fan of buttons that auto-arrange on
resize.  It messes with consistancy.  I expect a button to be in the
same place every time I go to it, no matter what machine, platform, or
monitor resolution I work at.  One of Blender's strengths, IMO, is that
no matter what UI conventions it breaks or strange idiosyncracies it has
compared to other apps (many broken conventions and strange
idiosyncracies that I've grown to love, I might add), I can expect that
same behavior everywhere I use it.  That way, all the time I've taken to
learn the app doesn't get wasted every time I'm on a different machine.

I've rambled a bit off topic here, so I will apologize and end this
reply here.

Later.

  Groo