header bars Re: [Bf-funboard] A thing that was better in 2.28

Luke Wenke bf-funboard@blender.org
Fri, 24 Oct 2003 02:01:57 +1000

> - I want to have equal treatment for horizontal and vertical layouts.
> In the latter it should all fit in 250 pixels, something thats not
> solved yet. Exceptions for horizontal layouts are always possible later
> on.
What if the headers where vertically resizeable? Then (if the header height
was increased) all of the header items could be displayed at once, even if
the header was 150 pixels wide...
You can do this in the Windows OS, with the taskbar:
http://marcopolo.mde.k12.ms.us/comp_tutorials/taskbar_resizing_g.html
Basically the header items could wrap-around. If the icons for different
buttons groups were tabs, they should be at the bottom of the header (if the
header is at the top) so that the tabs can join onto the buttons window.
In the 2.30 docs it talked about having lots of extra items in the header
for python scripts... without vertical resizing you run out of room sooner
and so have to use the middle mouse button to scroll through the header
items. BTW, the mouse wheel could be used to vertically scroll through the
header... so the contents of the header could move up or down one "line".
(It is logical for the vertical mousewheel to work vertically). If would be
a quick way of moving through dozens of icons (you'd go a whole line at a
time rather than just scroll a few pixels horizontally at a time)

- Luke