[Bf-funboard] A thing that was better in 2.28

Ton Roosendaal bf-funboard@blender.org
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 17:24:02 +0200

Hi,

First of all it's work in progress. This is what I'm wrestling with:

- I want to have equal treatment for horizontal and vertical layouts.
In the latter it should all fit in 250 pixels, something thats not
solved yet. Exceptions for horizontal layouts are always possible later
on.

- 'Context' switching has been moved to a more local level. This is
important for having it configurable. What about having texture AND
material in one window? What about allowing to move panels to other
windows? I want to keep it open to experiment with it.

- In the old buttonswindow itself you could find much more of these
sets of 'databrowse' buttons. For textures and images for example. So
what's consistant here?
The other window types (Ipo, Sound) have the this databrowse in the
header, since it locks the entire window context to that specific data.
For the new buttons window system I had to drop that limitation.

- For a good transition process to a new UI, I made the situation
resembling the old one still. That's just a start. Think out of the box
what's all possible now.

- Flexibility will allow us a lot more, but sometimes there are
negative side aspects. We just need creative thinking and smart
solutions.

-Ton-