[Bf-funboard] Re: Flat Widget Design

Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero bf-funboard@blender.org
Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:16:26 +0200

ton@blender.org (2003-10-22 at 1501.49 +0200):
> I put a lot of work in recoding the interface structure, to make it
> incredible easy to add themes in the code, even for a not so
> experienced coder.

I hope you make a big notice when you think you have finished first
step and things can be commented as a whole, instead of creating noise
and slowing you.

> For the next period we can review cool submuissions and look on a
> per-case basis what to include. At least we need one minimalistic flat
> non-distracting one, yes.

And a plain old looking one, thanks. Mainly cos I have to disagree
about the non distracting part (ask typographers about thick lines and
such) and the flat part (ask UI designers about buttons looking like
something except a button). [Sorry for the killjoy, but you just have
to check any serious reference in the field]

GSR